I like to add a lot of veggies to my recipe and it depends on what's in my fridge but this is usually what I use. I also don't use a measuring cup but I included approximate measurements of what I use. It may not be the healthiest meal because of the sauce, but it sure tastes good!
What you'll need:
- 3 Cooked chicken breasts cubed (already cooked whole chickens you can buy at the grocery store work too)
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/2 jar of salsa
- 1/2 tub of sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 small tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup cooked, cut up, green beans
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease medium size baking dish (I usually use a 2 quart oval corningware dish).
- In a large frying pan sautee onions. Half way to onions being done add zucchini, red pepper, corn, green beans. Once all vegetables are soft add cubed cooked chicken and diced tomatoes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix mushroom soup, salsa, sour cream. Add milk. You may need more or less milk depending on how much salsa and sour cream you use. Add pepper to taste.
- Place 1/3 of sauce in separate bowl.
- Mix remaining sauce with vegetable and chicken.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into tortillas, roll up tortilla, and place into casserole dish. Repeat for all 8 tortillas.
- Pour remaining 1/3 of sauce over wrapped up tortilla shells in baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Last 5 minutes in oven sprinkle cheese over dish and return to oven for remaining time.
- Let dish cool for 15 minutes before serving.
|This is what your tortillas should look like before adding the remaning 1/3 of the sauce. If I have left over veggies I usually add them in to the sides or just on top.|
|If I have a lot of left over veggies I make a personal sized casserole with a tortilla on the bottom, veggies and sauce in the middle, and a tortilla shell on top. Cook it the same way as the casserole.|
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! :)